Report: Real Madrid consider Otamendi as Pepe replacement
The Portuguese's contract finishes in June and will not renew, most likely opting for a move to China and the Argentine defender has been on Real's radar since 2015. Juventus-Real Madrid live
Real Madrid are thinking about Nicolas Otamendi, Manchester City's central defender, as a substitute for Pepe, according to a report by Argentine media outlet TyC Sports. The Portuguese's contract with Real Madrid ends in June and will not renew. All signs point towards China after 10 years with los Blancos. Manuel Pellegrini's Hebei are said to be the most interested could offer him a salary of €15 million reportedly (almost triple what he makes at present).
Real Madrid's options after Pepe
Due to this, Real are moving to replace the soon-to-be 34-year-old. It is almost a given that Jesus Vallejo will return from his loan spell with Eintracht, and according to the reports from Argentine, Otamendi would soon follow.
The Argentine was on Real's agenda in the summer of 2015, when he was still plying his trade at Valencia. Ultimately, Manchester City signed him and he has played a total of 77 games with the Premier League side.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth