Report: Real Madrid consider Otamendi as Pepe replacement
The Portuguese's contract finishes in June and will not renew, most likely opting for a move to China and the Argentine defender has been on Real's radar since 2015. Juventus-Real Madrid live
Real Madrid are thinking about Nicolas Otamendi, Manchester City's central defender, as a substitute for Pepe, according to a report by Argentine media outlet TyC Sports. The Portuguese's contract with Real Madrid ends in June and will not renew. All signs point towards China after 10 years with los Blancos. Manuel Pellegrini's Hebei are said to be the most interested could offer him a salary of €15 million reportedly (almost triple what he makes at present).
Real Madrid's options after Pepe
Due to this, Real are moving to replace the soon-to-be 34-year-old. It is almost a given that Jesus Vallejo will return from his loan spell with Eintracht, and according to the reports from Argentine, Otamendi would soon follow.
The Argentine was on Real's agenda in the summer of 2015, when he was still plying his trade at Valencia. Ultimately, Manchester City signed him and he has played a total of 77 games with the Premier League side.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"