International media and in particular local Catalan press single-out just one person out for Barcelona's humiliating defeat to PSG last night in the French capital.
The shadow of blame fails to fall on Messi, Neymar, Ter Stegen or Busquets as the the finger of culpability is firmly directed at Luis Enrique. Rumours even suggest that the Asturian's time as Barça head coach is coming to an end with his poor personal relationship with the squad cited by COPE Radio as the principal motive for a possible departure.
La Nación (Argentina): The worst of Luis Enrique, whose days seem to be numbered. Against an inspired Di María, Barcelona were humbled 4-0 in Paris with question marks against the head coach's continuity.
Gazzetta dello Sport (Italy): Luis Enrique, obliterated. The Catalan side were almost unrecognizable and are facing an embarrassing Champions League exit after a fine performance from Emery's PSG side.
Der Spielgel (Germany): Is this the end of an era at Barcelona or just the end of Luis Enrique at the club? Luis Enrique's team had no answer to a dominant performance from the PSG midfield last night.
Independent (England): Barcelona's humiliation in Paris mirrors Luis Enrique's decline at the club. After bagging the treble last season the Copa del Rey is now Barcelona's best best at silverware this season..
Sport (Barcelona): A Barça side without a coach swept away. Unai Emery won the tactical battle as PSG stuck to a clear game-plan.
COPE Radio (Spain): Barcelona squad disappointed with Luis Enrique as question marks surround his future with the club. Barcelona players deem that Luis Enrique is incapable of lifting morale as suggestions point to the Asturian not being in charge next season.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up