Arda Turan fit to face former club at the Vicente Calderon
Turan has been absent for two weeks and will return to the squad but Javier Mascherano will not make it back in time to play against Atletico Madrid.
After a two day break, Barcelona returned to training on Thursday morning in preperation for their visit to the Vicente Calderon on Sunday at 16:15. Barcelona could go top of the league as Real Madrid do not play until after them on Sunday night when they travel to play Villarreal.
After the hammering by PSG and the victory over Leganés, it is obvious that Barcelona are struggling to create chances for their front three to the detriment to the whole squad. Luis Enrique will be able to call upon Arda Turan for the game against his former side, which should help in the final third. Javier Mascherano has been improving after injuring himself in the Copa del Rey semi-final against Atletico, but will not recover in time to make the trip to the capital.
The Calderon's last stand
Barça will return to training on Friday and again on Saturday before Enrique and Barcelona face the media ahead of the Atletico game. It could be the last time Barcelona play in the stadium as Atletico are set to move at the end of the season to another location, but that is looking increasingly unlikely. It is also Simeone's 300th game and the azulgranas are sure to be met with a team full of confidence after their victory against Bayer in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 23 de febrero de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online