Gazzetta: Juventus keeping tabs on Diego Simeone
According to the Italian daily, the Atlético Madrid coach is the Old Lady's choice of replacement if Allegri leaves. Inter are also keen on the Argentinean.
The name of Diego Simeone continues to be linked with a move to Italy when he brings his tenure at Atlético Madrid to an end. Although the Argentinean has expressed his intention to remain at the Calderón next season regardless of where the team finishes this campaign but cut the length of his contract from 2020 to 2018, which has alerted Serie A to his potential availability.
Inter Milan return
La Gazzetta dello Sport, among others, has constantly linked Simeone with a return to Inter, where he was a player, and the Argentinean has stated that he sees himself coaching the Nerazzurri in the future. The Italian daily postulated that Inter are planning to try and lure Simeone as early as this summer to replace Stefano Pioli in an attempt to revive the club’s fortunes.
Juventus planning for Allegri exit
However, another suitor has emerged in the form of Juventus, who are considering a move for Simeone in the case that Massimiliano Allegri leaves the club. La Gazzetta also mentions Luciano Spalletti and Paulo Sousa as potential candidates to take over at the Serie A champions but state that Simeone has moved to the top of their shortlist if Allegri seeks pastures now.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 28 de febrero de 2017
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up