Odegaard's struggles continue on loan at Heerenveen
The Real Madrid midfielder, on loan at the Eredivisie club since January, has managed just one shot on goal at his new club in seven appearances.
Martin Odegaard was loaned to Eredivisie club Heerenveen by Real Madrid in January with the idea of gaining the top-flight experience that the Norwegian midfielder was finding hard to come by under Zinedine Zidane. However, Madrid’s hopes that Odegaard would rediscover the form that brought him to the Bernabéu from Stromsgodset in the first place have yet to be realized.
Since his arrival in the Eredivisie, Odegaard has featured for 346 minutes over seven appearances and has only managed one shot on goal in that time. He has also provided just one assist so far, for Doke Schmidt last month in a 3-0 victory over Roda.
With Odegaard in the side, Heerenveen have only won twice in seven games, drawing once and losing four times.
Heerenveen are currently sixth in the Eredivisie with 36 points, 16 points adrift of PSV in third.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Robert Lewandowski's priority is Real Madrid
- QATAR 2022 What cities and stadiums will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup?
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Pogba: 'We deserved to lose and need to find the problem'
- BARCELONA Dani Alves opens door for sensational Barcelona return
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS