Torres released from hospital after head knock
Fernando Torres has been released from hospital after suffering a head injury after a clash with Deportivo's Álex Bergantiños during the LaLiga game at Riazor last night.
After a night in a local La Coruña based hospital for medical observation the striker was given the all clear after a scan showed no damage to the neck area or interior head injury.
Torres speaks to media after release from hospital
The striker stopped briefly to address the waiting media this morning and his was grateful for the support received during his brief spell under observation at the Hospital Modelo in La Coruña:
"Everything is fine. I'd like to think my team-mates and all Depor players who came to see me. I'd like to extend that thanks to all the supporters who wished me well via social media platforms. These are things that happen in the game and Alex (Bergantiños) was clearly worried yesterday. A similar thing happened to me when playing for Spain. I saw images of what happened and people talked me through the whole thing as I remember nothing. I'd like to thank the staff here at the hospital who were great in looking after me and I hope to be back in training as soon as possible. These are things that happen in football and I'll be training in a few days. it was a major shock and fortunately it's a thing of the past".
Torres advised not to fly
Torres will now spend some time in neighbouring Santiago de Compostela before returning to Madrid as medical staff have advised against flying as a precautionary measure
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 3 de marzo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history