Champions League: Real Madrid men rested with Napoli in mind
Zinedine Zidane opted to rotate several individuals in the win at Eibar on Saturday with a view to next week's European clash with Napoli.
Zinedine Zidane had one eye on the Champions League in Real Madrid's 4-1 LaLiga win at Eibar on Saturday, the Frenchman opting to rest several players.
Crucial Champions League game on Tuesday
Real are away to Italians Napoli on Tuesday night in the second leg of their European last-16 tie, with Los Blancos leading 3-1 from the opener at the Bernabéu.
Carvajal, Marcelo, Kroos, Isco on bench
Danilo and Nacho Fernández played at Ipurua in place of full-backs Dani Carvajal and Marcelo, who remained on the bench in the Basque Country.
Meanwhile, Toni Kroos and Isco were among the substitutes, with the ex-Málaga man featuring for just 15 minutes after replacing James Rodríguez.
The second half at Eibar also saw Zidane bring off Karim Benzema and Luka Modric, who both started the victory, with the return at Napoli in mind.
Cristiano, Bale, Morata also not in action at Eibar
Napoli v Real Madrid coverage | Champions Match
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash