"Arsenal not ready" - Bellerin slams team's motivation
Arsenal's defeat to Liverpool dented the Gunners' top-four hopes and left the Spanish defender angered by their poor start to the match.
An angry Hector Bellerin felt his Arsenal team-mates were not ready for battle as they suffered defeat at the hands of top-four rivals Liverpool on Saturday.
A demoralising defeat
Arsenal fell to a demoralising 3-1 defeat at Anfield that leaves them fifth in the Premier League having lost four of their last six matches across all competitions. Bellerin - who played the full 90 minutes - felt the motivation within Arsenal's team was short of what is required: "In the first half it didn't feel like we were ready and then we went 2-0 down," Bellerin told the club's website. "We are very frustrated with how the game went. After the tough weeks we have had, the team should have gone onto the pitch, motivated and ready from the start," he said.
"We need to realise that it is just not the way to go. We need to push harder, to start the games with a better attitude and just go for it because we showed that when we go for it and want something, we can do it. We need to push harder, to start the games with a better attitude and more desire.”
Arsenal are back in action on Tuesday as they look to come back from a 5-1 mauling in the first leg of their Champions League tie with Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen