Ibrahimovic stamp results in five-match ban for Mings
Bournemouth will be without Tyrone Mings for five matches after he was punished for appearing to stamp on Manchester United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Tyrone Mings has been banned for five matches following his clash with Zlatan Ibrahimovic during Bournemouth's match with Manchester United last Saturday.
Five game ban decided
The Football Association (FA) confirmed the defender's punishment after an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing on Wednesday.
Mings appeared to stamp on Ibrahimovic's head towards the end of the first half and was charged with violent conduct by the FA, who recommended a stronger punishment for Mings when he and the United striker were charged on Monday. The FA submitted a claim that a standard punishment would be "clearly insufficient" given the offence.
Zlatan punishment more lenient
Ibrahimovic was banned for three matches for elbowing Mings moments after the apparent stamp.
Semi-final of the FA Cup between: Chelsea vs Manchester United
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands