Ibrahimovic stamp results in five-match ban for Mings
Bournemouth will be without Tyrone Mings for five matches after he was punished for appearing to stamp on Manchester United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Tyrone Mings has been banned for five matches following his clash with Zlatan Ibrahimovic during Bournemouth's match with Manchester United last Saturday.
Five game ban decided
The Football Association (FA) confirmed the defender's punishment after an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing on Wednesday.
Mings appeared to stamp on Ibrahimovic's head towards the end of the first half and was charged with violent conduct by the FA, who recommended a stronger punishment for Mings when he and the United striker were charged on Monday. The FA submitted a claim that a standard punishment would be "clearly insufficient" given the offence.
Zlatan punishment more lenient
Ibrahimovic was banned for three matches for elbowing Mings moments after the apparent stamp.
Semi-final of the FA Cup between: Chelsea vs Manchester United
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries