Ancelotti: "I'd like to play against Real Madrid in Cardiff"
The Bayern Munich boss was asked after his side had thrashed Arsenal 5-1 about his preferences for the Champions League quarter-final draw.
Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti spoke to the press after his side had annihilated Arsenal 10-2 on aggregate in the Champions League last 16 and stated his preferred round to meet former club Real Madrid in this season’s competition.
“I don’t want to get them in the quarter-finals, no. I’d like to meet Real Madrid in the final in Cardiff,” the Italian said.
Bayern beat Arsenal 5-1 in the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night to complete the humiliation of Arséne Wenger’s side, who have now been eliminated at the last 16 stage in seven consecutive seasons. Ancelotti’s side also ran up the same score line in Munich to record a thumping aggregate victory, although the Bayern boss said the first leg result left his team open to a touch of complacency.
“When you go into a game with a 5-1 advantage it’s difficult to be completely concentrated. We talked about it before the game and I spoke to my players about it, but unconsciously it is difficult.”
Real Madrid vs Real Betis live stream | LaLiga
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants