Pepe Reina: "It's impossible to defend against Sergio Ramos"
The Napoli keeper spoke after the Real captain's double knocked his side out of Europe: "His determination marks him out from the rest."
Pepe Reina lamented after Napoli were beaten 3-1 by Real Madrid in the San Paolo on Tuesday night to end their Champions League aspirations that Sergio Ramos, the scorer of two of Real’s goals, is “impossible to defend against.”
The Real captain has made a habit of popping up with decisive goals this season, often with his head and often from a cross by Toni Kroos, who assisted both strikes from the corner flag in Naples.
"Kroos made life difficult for us"
“We started well, that’s what we wanted, to create chances and not let them get comfortable on the pitch… then they scored two quick goals from set-pieces and it’s very difficult to defend against Sergio. It’s his determination that marks him out from the rest. And Kroos made life very difficult for us with his crosses; Ramos is impossible to defend against when he’s able to take advantage of a static position.”
Former Real defender Raúl Albiol echoed his keeper’s thoughts on Ramos. “You only have to look at the statistics; he’s very complicated to defend against. He has a hell of a jump and is one of the best headers of the ball in the game today. We knew the danger he represented.”
Real Madrid vs Real Betis live stream | LaLiga
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms