Theo Hernández’ impressive performances this season for Deportivo Alavés, on loan from Atlético Madrid, have piqued the interest of several clubs. Cholo Simeone is a fan of the 19 year old, and it is possible that he could form part of the Argentine’s first team squad at Atléti next season.
Real Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern interested
Yet according to Antón Meana, of La Cadena SER, Real Madrid have already enquired about the availability of the player, with a view to strengthening the depth of their squad in the left back position. Liverpool are also among the list of interested clubs, and are in a strong position. According to Meana, Liverpool could offer Hernández a salary that would triple that being spoken of by Real Madrid. Barcelona and Bayern Munich are also said to be interested, while Marseille were tempted during the January transfer window.
At Atlético, a swap for Marcos Llorente, on loan at Alavés from Real Madrid, has been mooted. Like Hernández, Llorente has impressed at the Mendizorrotza this season, and Atlético would be keen to add options in the centre of midfield.
Agreement between Atléti and Real Madrid could complicate
Meana also mentioned that the ‘non-aggression pact’ that exists between Atlético and Real Madrid, an unwritten rule which discourages transfers between the two clubs, could complicate the situation. The figures that would be involved have not been disclosed, but Hernández currently has a €24 million clause in his contract at the Calderón.
The France youth international has enjoyed a fine season thus far, turning out on 23 occasions for Alavés, and contributing three assists from the left.
Follow the coverage match of the week 29 of the Liga Santander between: Real Madrid-Alavés
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history