Raphael Varane is set to sit out Real Madrid's crunch April fixtures after it was confirmed that he suffered a recurrence of a hamstring injury at the weekend.
Varane comeback cut short against Alavés
The Frenchman underwent a scan on Tuesday morning, with Los Blancos later releasing a medical report announcing the renewed injury blow.
"After the tests performed today on our player Raphael Varane at the University Hospital Sanitas la Moraleja, he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 injury in the left biceps femoris," Real said. "His recovery will continue to be assessed."
Centre-back out of derby, El Clásico and Bayern quarter-final
Varane is expected to miss around four weeks, ruling him out of this Saturday's Spanish capital derby against Atlético and Real's clash with Barcelona on 23rd.
In between those two key games, the 23-year-old will also be sidelined for both legs of Madrid's Champions League quarter-final tie with Bayern Munich.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 4 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?