Galatasaray keen on Coentrao, according to reports in Turkey
Lionel Carole, the club's current left back, is likely to leave, and Igor Tudor has lined up Coentrao as his replacement. Gala are also interested in Pepe.
Istanbul could be Fabio Coentrao’s destination next summer, with Galatasaray showing an interest in the Portugese full back.
Coentrao has barely featured this season, through a combination of injury, and an inability to knock Marcelo out of the starting line up. Curiously, he maintains that his peripheral status is due to Zinedine Zidane, rather than himself.
Carole out, Coentrao in
The Turkish club’s current left back, Lionel Carole, is likely to leave for pastures new. Igor Tudor, the Galatasaray coach and a former teammate of Zinedine Zidane at Juventus, has Coentrao in mind as the replacement.
According to the local press in Turkey, Carole will be sold for a fee of between five and six million euros, which in turn, could be invested in Coentrao. A loan move is also an option. It has been suggested that the friendly relationship between Tudor and Zidance could help facilitate the move.
Gala also fancy Pepe
In addition to Coentrao, reports in Turkey have suggested that Pepe, who scored against Atlético in the derby on Saturday, is also on Galatasaray’s shopping list. An obvious stumbling block is that the Turkish club would not be able to match highly-lucrative offers from the Chinese Super League.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22