Tony Adams takes over from Lucas Alcaraz at Granada
The former-England defender will manage the La Liga strugglers until the end of the season, who are currently seven points adrift of safety.
Granada CF have dispensed with the services of Head Coach Lucas Alcaraz, and have appointed Tony Adams in his place until the end of the season.
Tony Adams takes the reins
The towering former Arsenal and England centre half is relatively inexperienced in management, having previously taken the reins at Wycombe Wanderers, Portsmouth, and Azerbaijani club Gabala. He arrives on the Granada bench with an existing involvement with the club’s Chinese ownership.
In an official statement, Granada wrote: “The club has placed its confidence in Tony Adams, Vice President of DDMC [the company owned by Granada chairman Jiang Lizhang], as the Head Coach of Granada CF until the end of the season.”
Granada facing relegation
Adams steps in to the breach in Andalusia with Granada seven points from La Liga safety, in 19th position.
Alcaraz took over from Paco Jémez earlier in the season, and led the club to just four victories in 24 matches (4 wins, 6 draws, 14 losses). Granada’s home defeat to Valencia at the weekend was one poor result too many for Alcaraz.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online