Neymar suspended for El Clásico: The Barcelona attacker is out for three games after red card
The Brazilian received a one-match ban for the red card and two for applauding the fourth official in a sarcastic manner after his expulsion, ruling him out of El Clásico against Real MadridBarcelona vs Deportivo La Coruña: LaLiga
Neymar will not play in El Clásico against Real Madrid on April 23rd at the Sanitago Bernabeú. The competition committee of the Spanish football federation have handed the Brazil and Barcelona attacker with a one game ban for the two yellows he picked up against Málaga, and another two game ban for his sarcastic applauding of the fourth official as he was leaving the field.
The committee have issued the minumum punishment, according to article 117 of the disciplinary code, which says: "To address referees, executives or sporting authorities with disrespect...will be sanctioned with suspension of two or three games or a time of one month".
Barcelona will likely appeal the decision in an effort to reduce the punishment but it is the second game of the three game suspension so they will need to have the two game ban completely written off to have Neymar available for the Real Madrid game. However, they have not yet declared whether they will appeal or not.
He will miss the Real Sociedad, Real Madrid and Osasuna games if the ban is served fully.
Gil Manzano's match report read: "In the 65th minute, player (11) Da Silva Santos J, Neymar was sent off for following reason: double yellow." and in the other incident, he said: "(Player: Neymar Da Silva Santos J) After being sent off and when he was going to the tunnel towards the dressing room, he he addressed the fourth official with an applause."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds