As the summer transfer window draws closer, Mateo Musacchio's name has started popping up once again. Several clubs have expressed an interest in hiring the Villarreal centre-back over the past 12 months - among them AC Milan, Everton and Tottenham but the player says he knows nothing of any interest and has only the one offer on the table - from Villarreal, to renew his existing contract.
Musacchio chewing over Villarreal contract extension
Musacchio told AS: “I've only received one offer - a long-term extension for Villarreal. A while ago, I was told about the club's interest in renewing my contract, and now that has turned into a formal offer. I've spoke to the president and the people at the club and I'm thinking it over. It makes me feel proud that the club thinks so highly of me and has treated me with such kindness”. The 26-year-old, whose current contract expires in 2018, added, "Villarreal is a lot more than just a football club - it's my home, it's where I became a footballer and where I have been able to grow”.
Apart from Musacchio, Everton have been linked to another Villarreal player, striker Cédric Bakambu who hasn't enjoyed such a prominent role in the side this term, making just 11 starts and contributing five goals in the league. He is under contract until 2020 and Koeman has earmarked him as a potential replacement for Romelu Lukaku. Real Sociedad's Willian José has also been mentioned but it is highly unlikely he will be going anywhere after an impressive debut season in San Sebastián.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 12 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August