Lewandowski ruled out of Bayern v Real Madrid
Carlo Ancelotti faces a selection headache in the Champions League quarter-final, according to Christian Falk of Bild, the Polish striker will play no part.
There is bad news for Bayern, and a boost for Real Madrid, as Robert Lewandowski will not be fit to feature in the Champions League quarter-final this evening.
Shoulder sore after Dortmund
According to journalist Christian Falk, of German publication Bild, the Polish striker has been unable to shake off the shoulder injury he picked up in the 4-1 defeat of Borussia Dortmund at the weekend.
The former-Dortmund man was substituted in the 72nd minute of that match.
It is a further blow for Carlo Ancelotti as he prepares to face his former club. Manuel Neuer and Thomas Muller are returning from injury, while Mats Hummels will definitely miss out with an ankle injury.
Lewa trained briefly on Tuesday
Lewandowski trained for 15 minutes on Tuesday, while the doors were open to the press. When the doors shut, however, he withdrew.
Even during that short period, the striker, who has scored 26 goals in 26 starts in the Bundesliga this season, was unable to take part in warm-up exercises that required arm movement.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers