SPORTING 2-3 REAL MADRID
Zidane: "Isco made the difference; Madrid is where he belongs"
The coach praised the midfielder, whose goals gave Real Madrid all three points in Gijón: "I like Isco a lot; this is just his last of many great games for Madrid".
Has Isco earned his place in the starting XI for Tuesday's game? “He put in a great game and he deserves a moment like this. His second goal won us the match - but that's all. I'm pleased with how Isco played, but I'm happy with how the rest played too. He made the difference, and I'm happy for him. Real Madrid is where he belongs and now we have to make sure we rest for Tuesday”.
Isco's goals gave us three points says Zidane
Isco was the most important player this afternoon? “Well, yes, with his performance and his goals gave us three points. And he could have scored another from another amazing move. I'm happy for him but that's all. He's got the personality to do what he did today. He's a great player and he's showing it, I'm happy with how everyone in the team played”.
Have there been times during the season when you have felt maybe you've been a bit unfair with Isco? “I feel I have been unfair with all of them and that is always going to happen because there are 24 players and many of them can play in different positions. That's the difficulty of this job. You can ask any coach and they will tell you the same. The hardest part is having to keep very good players on the subs' bench”.
Can you put the fans' minds at rest and confirm that Isco is staying? “You know what I think of Isco. He's a player who I like a lot. His place is here with us. Ok, he's scored two goals and was decisive and maybe this was his best game - but he has had a lot of good games for Real Madrid. Today's performance was just his last in a long line of great games for this club”.
Madrid have gained 15 points from late goals this season
Do Madrid have the luck that only champions have? “No, luck doesn't exist in football - only a lot of hard work, a lot of effort in every game, in every moment and in every move. You have to make your own luck”.
Coentrão: “He looked good and I'm happy for him as he needed to play and he did well. He did exactly what the team needed. I'm pleased that he's back with us again and today he felt that he is important for us. It's all positive news - for him, and for the team”.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 15 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August