Neymar broke down crying after Barcelona were knocked out of the Champions League by Juventus, drawing 0-0 at the Camp Nou, having been beaten in the first leg 3-0.
Barcelona had probed the Juventus defence for nearly the entire last 70 minutes but failed to make anything count against a supremely well organised Italian backline.
Neymar tireless against Juve
One of the most active Barça players was Neymer who ran tirelessly at the Juventus defenders, but was left distraught as the much-hoped for second miracle, after the comeback against PSG, failed to materialise.
In one piece of play, near the start of the second half, Neymar dribbled round and through six Juventus players, but like the game in miniature, another Juve player appeared to prevent him getting a shot on target.
Neymar consoled by Dani Alves and Cuadrado
At the final whistle the death of Barcelona's Champions League dreams was too much for Neymar who began to cry, hiding his face in his shirt to try to prevent the cameras capturing his sorrow. His former teammate Dani Alves and Colombian player Cuadrado, in a fine sporting gesture, attempted to console him.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22