Iniesta's last LaLiga goal: 519 days ago
Funnily enough, the Spanish midfielder last found the net against Real Madrid in an impressive 4-0 in the Bernabéu.
Days and days
You have to go back 519 days to find Andrés Iniesta's last goal in LaLiga, and it was against no other than Real Madrid in a mightily impressive 4-0 win at the Bernabéu. Furthermore, the Spanish midfielder's previous goal before that occasion came 609 days before, also against Los Blancos in Madrid. In short, before tomorrow's El Clásico Iniesta has only scored two LaLiga goals across 1,129 days. And they were both in arguably the biggest game on the footballing calendar.
It's true to say that throughout the Barcelona midfielder's career goals have been in short supply, yet to claim they have always been hugely significant would be an understatement. However, it's not just a lack of goals that has brought up doubts over his future at Barça: "When the season ends, or whenever, I'll look at things. I'm not saying I'm not going to renew my contract, but I'll never stay here just for the sake of it. That's for sure".
Iniesta wants to play more, and Luis Enrique was quick to snuff out any rumours surrounding the player's standing at the club: "Iniesta is unique, indisputable. I've always admired and valued his worth. If you're looking for something and want to say that I'll take Iniesta's place away then that is ridiculous," the Barça coach told the press last Saturday. The midfielder also recently turned down a €35m offer from China, and despite all the recent talk it's difficult to see him too far away from the Camp Nou.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 22 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots