Good news for Atleti: Augusto gets his boots on the ball
The Argentinean midfielder was out on the training pitches on Sunday and working with the ball, seven months after suffering an ACL rupture.
Atlético returned to training on Sunday morning after the side’s 1-0 victory over Espanyol in Cornellà and there was some good news for the Colchoneros as Augusto Fernández returned to the training pitches to work with the ball after spending seven months out following an anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered playing against Depor last September.
Villarreal next up for Atlético
Augusto joined the rest of the recovering players training away from the squad that travelled to Barcelona for Saturday’s game, who did a recovery session with Diego Simeone having only one full day with his squad before the visit of Villarreal in the midweek fixtures.
The Argentinean midfielder is still some way short of a competitive return but has been stepping up his fitness and conditioning work in recent weeks in the hopes of making an appearance before the end of the season.
Meanwhile, Juanfran and Sime Vrsaljko continued their recoveries from injury inside Atlético’s training complex.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it