Bale and Alcácer start at the Bernabéu
Zidane opts for Bale over Isco for Real Madrid, while Barcelona coach Luis Enrique starts with Paco Alcácer in the absence of Neymar
Gareth Bale returns from a calf injury to start for Real Madrid in El Clásico, while Paco Alcácer forms the third part of Barcelona's attacking trident in the absence of Neymar.
Real Madrid: team news
Bale has missed Real Madrid's last two matches as a result of a calf injury sustained in the Champions League quarter-final victory over Bayern Munich.
Zinedine Zidane indicated that Bale would be included in his match-day squad, but it is mildly-surprising that he will start this crucial La Liga clash. His inclusion represents a swift return from injury, and Isco has filled in excellently in those last two matches.
Otherwise, Real Madrid line up as expected in a 4-3-3 formation.
Real Madrid XI: Navas, Carvajal, Ramos, Nacho, Ronaldo, Kroos, Benzema, Bale, Marcelo, Casemiro, Modric.
Barcelona: team news
Luis Enrique's team selection is less controversial. The only change-from-the-norm for Barcelona is the enforced inclusion of Paco Alcácer, as a result of Neymar's suspension.
Barcelona has tried to overturn the Brazilian's suspension, imposed as the result of a red card in a defeat to Málaga, but were unable to do so.
It appears that Barcelona will also line up in a 4-3-3 formation, despite having utilised a 3-4-3 in recent weeks.
Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen, Roberto, Piqué, Umtiti, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Alcacer, Messi, Suárez.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team