According to Cadena COPE journalist Isaac Fouto, Atlético Madrid boss Diego Simeone could face a four-game touchline ban after laying his hands on a match official after his side’s loss to Villarreal on Tuesday night. Separately, Spanish television station Gol also captured the Atlético manager insulting match officials after he felt that not enough time had been added at the end of the game with his side trailing 1-0.
Simeone to officials: "Sons of bitches"
Simeone is seen to apparently call the referee and his assistants “sons of bitches” after match referee Iglesias Villanueva blew for full time while a Gabi free-kick was still airborne. Television images also picked up Simeone making a hand gesture towards the match official.
After the game, Simeone was also recorded telling the linesman “you’re a disaster, you were terrible today,” before putting his hand on the official’s shoulder.
Atlético to appeal to FEF
Atlético have sent video evidence to the Spanish Football Federation’s disciplinary committee that the club says disproves the allegation. In his match report, Iglesias Villanueva wrote: “At the end of the match, [Simeone] approached my first assistant and placed both hands on his shoulders, arguing that more time should have been added.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?