Joselu has bid farewell to this season of football. Medical tests found that the Galician striker has suffered a small tear to his Achilles tendon.
Real Madrid match Joselu's last
Depor’s 2-6 defeat to Real Madrid at Riazor on Wednesday night, in which Joselu scored the second, will probably be his last contribution for the Branquiazuls, who are fighting to stave off relegation. Joselu is on loan from Stoke City, without the option to buy. His absence will leave Florin Andone as the only true striker at Pepe Mel’s disposal for the final four matches of the season.
Tests on Sidnei’s fitness also returned bad news. The Brazilian suffered an injury to his adductor muscle, and will not feature as Depor take on recently-relegated Osasuna at El Sadar on Sunday. His absence will open the door for Raúl Albentosa to return to the starting XI alongside Alejandro Arribas.
Mel's problems mount
Beyond Joselu and Sidnei, Pepe Mel is also waiting for news on Germán Lux and Carles Gil. The Argentine ‘keeper was substituted at half time against Real Madrid with a muscle strain, but he returned to training on Friday, and should be fit for the trip to Pamplona.
Carles Gil, who also failed to complete 90 minutes against Madrid as a result of a pelvic injury, trained in the gym. Both players will undergo tests on Saturday to determine whether they will be able to travel to Pamplona.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online