Lucas Hernández has signed a contract extension with Atlético de Madrid taking him to June 2022, the club officially announced on their web page this morning.
Lucas "proud" to pen new Atlético deal
Recently-turned 21, Lucas joined Atlético's youth academy for the the 2007-2008 season, and made his way through the youth ranks before breaking into the first team squad in the 2015-2016 campaign. He was handed his debut against L'Hospitalet in the Copa del Rey and made his league debut a few days later against Athletic Club. This season he has made 20 appearances spread out between LaLiga, Copa and Champions League. Lucas told Atlético's web site that he feels "proud to renew with the club that has given me everything".
Caminero hails Lucas' new contract
Atleti's Director of Sport José Luis Caminero added: "This is great news for all atléticos, we are talkig about a player with a spectacular future ahead of him. He has many qualities - strength, speed and a maturity beyond his years. Lucas has had to deliver for the team in some very demanding moments and has always responded to a very high level. That he is staying with us is wonderful news".
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 1 de mayo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?