An Atlético Madrid fan has responded, passionately, to the banner Real Madrid displayed before the Champions League semi-final first leg at the Bernabéu, which asked the Atleti supporters how it felt to lose two Champions League finals, in Lisbon in 2014 and Milan in 2016. A banner that has been called at least tasteless, or worse.
Atlético fan responds to banner
The Atlético Madrid fan, Carla (@Caarla1903), responds to Real Madrid's question of how it feels in no uncertain terms:
The letter quickly went viral in Spain, particularly after the official Atlético Madrid account retweeted it.
Carla not quite the perfect Atlético Madrid fan
The sting in the tale came however when Twitter users looked at some of the tweets on the account of @Carla1903, where they found a number of insulting and offensive messages, including "You almighty son of a bitch, hopefully you die @Sergio Ramos" and "Hopefully you break your leg, and once you've recovered, you break it again. Son of a bitch, @ArdaTuran". When this came to light, the account was swiftly shut down.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?