Lionel Messi rejects Barcelona's opening contract offer
Barça striker Messi has turned down the LaLiga giants' initial offer for the renewal of his deal, which runs out in June 2018Chelsea - Barcelona U - 19 live: UEFA Youth League final
Lionel Messi has rejected Barcelona's opening offer of a new Camp Nou contract, understood to be worth around 30 to 35 million euros net per season.
Messi's current deal expires in June 2018, and talks between Los Azulgranas and the Argentine striker's father and agent, Jorge, have been ongoing for months.
Messi contract expected to be agreed despite rejection
Despite the initial rebuff, however, the signals being sent to club president Josep Maria Bartomeu by the player and Messi Sr remain reassuring in nature.
Negotiations over a fresh agreement are still very much alive - and the expectation is that the two sides will reach common ground in the coming weeks.
Barcelona star willing to play waiting game
Messi, who is enjoying an excellent end to the season, is well aware of the desire in and around the club to secure his future, and expects an improved offer.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 5 de mayo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother