Emmanuel Macron won the French presidential election on Sunday night to mark the greatest milestone in his political career. At 39 years old, he is the president of one of the greatest European powers. But it wasn't always going to be debates about government for Macron. There was one point in his life he was more concerned with stopping speedy wingers than discussing France's fiscal situation.
He has always been keen on curbing those on the right wing though. During the 2006-07 season, Macron was registered as a left-back with l'ENA, a team from Paris' regional league.
Un recuerdo de la etapa de futbolista amateur de Emmanuel Macron, recién elegido presidente de Francia pic.twitter.com/5eC0abAiTt— Rafael Rivera (@RafaDato2) 7 de mayo de 2017
It was the last season he would play though as his burdgeoning political career was taking off and he could no longer hack it despite it being a modest club in a very modest regional league. But it's good to know just in case Les Bleus need a left back if PSG's Layvin Kurzawa has a dip in form.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United