Wenger suggests Lucas Pérez could leave Arsenal
Lucas Pérez could leave the Premier League club at the end of the season in order to get more playing time elsewhere, Arsene Wenger has hinted.
Arsene Wenger concedes that Lucas Pérez may leave Arsenal in the close-season as he cannot promise the forward first-team football.
Pérez could make Arsenal exit
Pérez made the switch to the Emirates Stadium from Deportivo La Coruña in August, but has been restricted to just 11 Premier League appearances – only two of those as part of the starting XI.
Reports suggest that Pérez is clamouring for an exit from the Gunners in order to play more games and Wenger, while expressing his wish to keep the 28-year-old, admits the Spaniard's future is up in the air.
Wenger: 'I feel sorry for him'
"If I am the manager I would love to keep him, but we have to sit down and see if he has a realistic chance to play," the Arsenal boss stated at a news conference ahead of Wednesday's contest at Southampton.
"He is a top-quality striker but I could not give him the games he wants and deserves, I confess that.
"I feel a bit sorry for him."
Perez, who has a contract with Arsenal until June 2020, has scored seven goals in 21 appearances in all competitions for the Gunners.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother