Fernando Alonso's McLaren lasts 12 minutes in Barcelona
The Spaniard's woes continued as his much-maligned MCL32 suffered another engine failure on the first day of practice at MontmelóBarcelona vs Valencia: Copa del Rey semi-final 17/18
Fernando Alonso’s run on the first day of free practice ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix lasted just 12 minutes as his McLaren Honda MCL32 suffered another engine failure, leaving the double world champion enveloped in white smoke shortly after leaving the paddock.
Alonso's engine trouble
Alonso radioed his team after losing control of his car, saying that the Honda engine had failed again. The marriage between the Japanese supplier and the British racing team has been a tempestuous one this season, with Alonso failing to finish in Australia, China and Bahrain and not even making the start line in Russia as his engine gave out on the formation lap.
Alonso will be forced into an engine change as a result of the blow-out and it remains to be seen if a new one will be installed or one of ones he has already used is refitted.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2