Cristiano Ronaldo, Isco and Lucas Vázquez all available for Málaga
The three Real Madrid players were just one yellow card away from suspension, but avoided a booking against Celta which would have seen them miss the match against Málaga on Sunday.
The three Real Madrid players walking a yellow tightrope, Cristiano Ronaldo, Isco and Lucas Vázquez, all avoided the booking in Balaídos against Celta Vigo that would have meant they missed the final match of LaLiga against Málaga on Sunday. All three took part in what was Real Madrid's game in hand, with the original fixture having been suspended due to appalling weather damaging the stadium.
Real Madrid close to clinching LaLiga title
Lucas Vázques though only played around seven minutes, coming on for Ronaldo near the end, with the match already won, thanks in part to two goals from the Portuguese striker. It finished 4-1 to Real Madrid, meaning Zidane's side only need a point against Málaga to clinch the 2016/17 Liga title. Barcelona can only claim the trophy if they beat Eibar at the Camp Nou, and Real Madrid fall to defeat on the south coast, meaning Luis Enrique's side would win the title on head to head.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues