FC Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas could be a Liverpool player next season. The 36-year-old looks set to end his stint at Porto after two years in Portugal, with offers coming in from numerous clubs worldwide, including the Reds.
Sources suggest Casillas has signed pre-contract with Liverpool
And Casillas, who also has proposals on the table from countries such as Turkey, Qatar and China, is understood to feel that the Premier League club's is the soundest. Indeed, some sources indicate that the former Real Madrid custodian may even have agreed a pre-contract with the Anfield outfit.
Liverpool can offer Casillas Champions League football
With Jürgen Klopp's men clinching a place in next term's Champions League play-off round at the weekend, a move to Liverpool would give the keeper the chance to extend his record of 175 appearances in European club competitions.
Casillas a clean-sheet king this season
Casillas, who joined Porto in July 2015 after 16 seasons in the first team at Real, has enjoyed a fine campaign at the Estadio do Dragao, despite his side losing out on the Portuguese league title to rivals Benfica.
The ex-Spain captain conceded just 23 goals in 43 games in 2016/17, keeping a total of 23 clean sheets, and believes that he still has plenty to offer at the elite level.
Casillas is now back in Madrid with his family as he begins his summer holidays. Porto - who on Monday parted company with head coach Nuno Espírito Santo - return to work on 3 July, but in all likelihood he won't be with them.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game