Ajax starting XI against Manchester United youngest ever in major European final
Ajax go for youth when they take on Manchester United in the Europa League final, with Wayne Rooney missing out for Jose Mourinho's men. Manchester United v. Manchester City live online
Ajax coach Peter Bosz has named the youngest-ever starting XI in a major European final as the Eredivisie giants face Manchester United in Wednesday's Europa League showpiece in Stockholm.
22y 282d - @AFCAjax's starting XI against @ManUtd is the youngest ever in a major European final. Trademark. pic.twitter.com/IBxqRjPda6— OptaJohan (@OptaJohan) May 24, 2017
A team of youngsters
The Amsterdammers have included teenagers Matthijs de Ligt and Kasper Dolberg in their line-up, with players such as Andre Onana, Davinson Sanchez, Jairo Riedewald and Bertrand Traore all 21 or younger.
Danish midfielder Lasse Schone is the only player in the Ajax XI to have already passed the 30-year mark.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In