Ajax defender Sánchez would love to play for Barcelona
Barcelona have been linked with Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez and the Colombia international has spoken positively of the reports.
Ajax defender Davinson Sánchez would relish the opportunity to join Barcelona.
Luis Enrique's side had appeared set to sign the 20-year-old from Atlético Nacional in a reported 3.5-million-euro deal last year, only for the Colombia international to join Ajax in order to play regular first-team football.
Sánchez has impressed at the heart of the defence this season, scoring six times in 32 Eredivisie appearances as Peter Bosz's side finished second to Feyenoord. He also played a key part in their run to the Europa League final, where they lost to Manchester United.
Sánchez: "Who doesn't want to play for a club as big as Barcelona?"
His form has prompted reports that Barca will try to sign him again before next season and he says it is flattering to hear about the rumours.
"Obviously I would like to play for Barcelona," he told Radio Barcelona. "It is a huge compliment [to be linked with them].
"Who doesn't want to play for a club as big as Barca? Everyone wants to be part of a team like that, they're one of the world's elite."
However, Sánchez added: "Right now, I am completely focused on Ajax."
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?