Ronaldo becomes only player to score in three Champions League finals
Cristiano Ronaldo opened the scoring for Real Madrid against Juventus in the Champions League final, also scoring Madrid's 500th goal in the competition
Cristiano Ronaldo opened the scoring in the Champions League final in Cardiff, to put Real Madrid one nil up against opponents Juventus. Mario Mandzukic levelled the score in the first half with a spectacular overhead kick.
Ronaldo: Champions League final maestro
In doing so, the Portuguese became the first player to score in three Champions League finals. He netted for Manchester United against Chelsea, and in 2014 as Real Madrid beat rivals Atlético.
Ronaldo is not the first to achieve the feat in the history of Europe's elite competition. Alfredo Di Stefano scored in five consecutive European Cup finals for Real Madrid, as the club dominated the nascent competition in the 1950s and early 1960s.
Cristiano scores Madrid's 500th Champions League goal
Ronaldo's opener was also significant as it took Real Madrid to 500 goals in the Champions League. It was not the first time that the forward has notched up a centenary goal... he also scored Madrid's 200th and 400th goals in the competition.
The scorers of Madrid’s centenary goals in the Champions League are Savio (100), Ronaldo (200), Karim Benzema (300) and Cristiano Ronaldo (400).
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?