Atlético Madrid's Antoine Griezmann says he is to stay at the Spanish club next season, telling an interview on French television it would be a "dirty move" to depart after Los Rojiblancos' transfer ban was upheld.
Griezmann has been linked with a move away from Atlético, who last week saw the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) reject their appeal against a suspension that means they will not be able to register any new players until January 2018.
There are concerns that will prevent them from having a team that can compete at the top of LaLiga and in the Champions League next season, when they move into a new 68,000-capacity stadium.
Griezmann: "With my advisor we have decided to stay"
But, in an interview with TF1's Sunday morning programme Telefoot, Griezmann said: "The CAS sanction has come in. Atlético can't make any signings. With my advisor Eric Olhats we have decided to stay.
"It is a difficult moment for the club. It would be dirty move to leave now. We have spoken with the board and we are going to go again for next season," added Griezmann, who is currently with the France squad for next Friday's 2018 World Cup qualifier away to Sweden.
"The questions about my future have been a bit annoying."
Te recomendamos en English
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Spain's late escape, as Brazil line up Mexico
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Team USA into quarters as Durant and Tatum star
- GOLD CUP USA vs Mexico: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system