Piqué rejects claims that Real Madrid have started a new era
"The day that you see Barcelona going on a victory parade for winning the Copa del Rey, you will be able to say that Madrid are in a dominant period", he told Movistar Plus.
Gerard Piqué took a few moments out from his duties with the national team in Las Rozas to speak to Movistar Plus' Minuto 0 programme. The centre-back rejects Cristiano Ronaldo's comments that Real Madrid have embarked on a new era of dominance in domestic competition and in Europe and says the recent successes which Zidane's team have enjoyed cannot be equated with what Pep Guardiola achieved with the Catalans.
Too early to say Madrid have started a new era, says Piqué
“What we did made Madrid go on a victory parade just for winning the Copa del Rey; the day you see us on a victory parade for winning the Cup will be the day when you can say that Madrid are in a dominant period”, explained Piqué, who is with the Spain squad for the upcoming games against Colombia and Macedonia.
The centre-back also believes that it would be too premature to draw similarities between Barça's golden years in which the team won 26 trophies in a decade and the successes which Madrid have reaped under Zidane: “I don't think you can compare everything which we won during those years to what Real Madrid have won in the past two seasons”, he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online