James Rodríguez's future could be in South West London as interest from Premier league side Chelsea grows. There was even talk of the Colombian joining the London based outfit during the winter transfer window following Oscar's departure to Shanghai SIPG but the midfielder opted to stay put and challenge for a place at the Bernabeu. With Chelsea's participation in the 2017/18 Champions League, Antonio Conte needs to bolster his squad to ensure "The Blues" are competitive on all fronts.
Conte's busy summer
Italian manager Conte has already decided that striker Diego Costa and veteran midfielder Cesc Fábregas will have no place in his new season squad and has requested the signature of Real Madrid duo Alvaro Morata and James as replacements. The striker seems destined for a move to Old Trafford but with the LaLiga outfit anxious to offload the Colombian, the prospect of Rodriguez pulling on the blue shirt next season grows closer.
Real Madrid in turn have made no secret of their desire to sign AS Monaco revelation Kylian MBappé, despite reports from France suggesting the player will spend another season in Ligue 1 and hope that the sale of both Morata and James would help fund an attractive bid and act as an incentive for the Monaco star.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play