Jovetic reminds Sevilla of talent with superb Montenegro hat-trick
Stevan Jovetic, unwanted by Inter, scored the first hat-trick of his career against Armenia. Berizzo's Sevilla are put off by his hefty wage demands.
Stevan Jovetic reminded Sevilla of his talent by scoring a superb hat-trick for Montenegro in a 4-1 victory over Armenia.
Jovetic scores Montenegro hat-trick
It was the player’s first hat-trick as a professional, and it may have come at a key point for his future.
Jovetic is surplus to requirements at Inter, who are keen to negotiate his transfer away from the club. The ex-Manchester City forward spent the second half of the 2016/17 season at Sevilla, and the Andalusian club have the option to buy him for €14m.
Sevilla play the waiting game
Sevilla, who recently announced Eduardo Berizzo as the replacement for Jorge Sampaoli in the dugout, have not made an offer yet, in the hope that both Inter and Jovetic will lower their expectations.
The player’s hefty wage is the main obstacle to a deal. Yet if he continues to perform as he did for Montenegro, there will not be a shortage of teams willing to pay it.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother