Atlético de Madrid CEO Miguel Ángel Gil Marín was spotted having dinner with Monaco midfielder Fabinho Tavares and his agent Jorge Mendes at a restaurant in central Madrid last night. Atlético are looking for a player to fill the vacancy left by Tiago Mendes who is set to join Diego Simeone's technical team. It would appear that the Monaco midfielder is the principal candidate to occupy Tiago's old position. Bearing in mind that Atlético are unable to sign players wile the FIFA transfer ban is in place, Fabinho would remain inactive until the ban is lifted in January next year.
Fabinho, experience in LaLiga
Fabinho is a familiar face in the Spanish league - he was a member of the Real Madrid Castilla squad during the 2012-13 season and was even called up to make his debut with the first team in the 6-2 win against Málaga on 8 May 2013.
The 23-year-old Brazilian was one of Monaco's star players last season, scoring 12 and setting up another six in 55 appearances.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2