Atlético de Madrid CEO Miguel Ángel Gil Marín was spotted having dinner with Monaco midfielder Fabinho Tavares and his agent Jorge Mendes at a restaurant in central Madrid last night. Atlético are looking for a player to fill the vacancy left by Tiago Mendes who is set to join Diego Simeone's technical team. It would appear that the Monaco midfielder is the principal candidate to occupy Tiago's old position. Bearing in mind that Atlético are unable to sign players wile the FIFA transfer ban is in place, Fabinho would remain inactive until the ban is lifted in January next year.
Fabinho, experience in LaLiga
Fabinho is a familiar face in the Spanish league - he was a member of the Real Madrid Castilla squad during the 2012-13 season and was even called up to make his debut with the first team in the 6-2 win against Málaga on 8 May 2013.
The 23-year-old Brazilian was one of Monaco's star players last season, scoring 12 and setting up another six in 55 appearances.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?