Coentrao has medical in Lisbon, already seen in Sporting colours
Real Madrid full-back Fabio Coentrao is close to sealing a season-long loan move to Sporting CP, with the player photographed in a club shirt.
Fabio Coentrao is set to complete a season-long loan switch to Sporting CP, with the Real Madrid full-back in Lisbon on Tuesday for a medical.
Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has tweeted a photograph of Coentrao apparently taken following his physical check-up with Sporting, in which the defender can be seen already wearing the Portuguese club's colours.
Real Madrid to carry on paying most of Coentrao wages
In an interview with radio station Onda Cero on Monday, Real president Florentino Pérez confirmed that Coentrao is due to join the Primeira Liga side.
Sporting are understood to have agreed a deal with Real that will see Los Blancos continue to pay the bulk of his 3.5-million-euro annual salary.
Indeed, reports in Portugal on Monday claimed the 29-year-old, who previously played for city rivals Benfica, has already put pen to paper with the club.
Just six Real appearances last season
Coentrao, who signed for Real in 2011, was a peripheral figure at the Bernabéu last season after a year on loan at AS Monaco, featuring just six times in total.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues