Cristiano "to think things over" about Real Madrid future
Compatriot Luis Campos, who is Sports Director at Lille, says that Cristiano has not made his decision yet and that the situation with Madrid is "a little tense".
Lille's Portuguese Director of Sport Luis Campos, who is a great friend of Cristiano Ronaldo, has revealed that the player has decided to "take a few days out to think things through" as a result of the media storm surrounding his recent comments to his close circle that he wants to leave Spain for good.
Cristiano needs to take time out to this calmly about future said friend
In an interview with French television channel TF1, Campos spoke about the chances of Paris Saint-Germain signing the four-time Ballon d'Or winner: “I don't know. He has told me that he needs a few days by himself to reflect. Which is normal.
"The situation with Real Madrid during this time is a little tense too, which is also understandable; but Cristiano will have the time he needs to make the right decision, I'm sure of that. I speak to Cristiano often, but he is someone who is completely focused on his job. He was very surprised by this whole business of his taxes. Now he feels very hurt by what happened. He is keen to maintain a good image in all parts of the world and he's going through a tough time because of this”.
AS reported that following his initial outburst, Cristiano felt comforted by what Florentino Pérez had to say on the matter to Onda Cero radio.
Recommended in English
- Champions League 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16: all qualified teams
- Champions League When is the 2021/2022 Champions League Round of 16 draw taking place?
- NBA | WARRIORS Steph Curry eyeing Ray Allen's three-point record against Portland
- NBA | LAKERS LeBron James defends Lakers coach Frank Vogel
- SOCCER Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
- NFL Will Ryan Fitzpatrick play again for the Washington Football Team?