Dani Ceballos named as the MVP at 2017 Euro under-21 tournament
The central midfielder was excellent in the three games he started and was vital in getting Spain to the final while showing enough in the last game to pip Saúl and Asensio to the award.
Despite losing the final, Dani Ceballos was named as the outstanding player of the Euro under 21 Championships in Poland. The Real Betis player picked up the award four years after Thiago picked the award up for Spain during his effort in 2013 in Israel.
The midfielder started in three games and made his way into the starting XI in place of Denis Suarez after the first game. He was excellent against Portugal and was rested against Russia. His display in the semi-final was somewhat overshadowed by Saul's hat-trick but it was a glimpse into the quality Ceballos has and the control on a game he can exert when he is at his best.
German midfielder Mitchel Weiser, who was a late replacement for Selke, won the man of the match in the final after his header in the first half won it for the Germans.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds