Thiago Motta signs one-year extension with Paris Saint-Germain
Midfielder Thiago Motta has signed on for an extra season at French giants Paris Saint-Germain, the French club announced on Tuesday.
Brazilian midfielder Thiago Motta has signed on for an extra season at French giants Paris Saint-Germain, the French club announced on Tuesday.
Veteran Motta prolongs stint at PSG
Motta, 34, joined PSG from Inter Milan in January 2012 and his previous contract was due to expire five days ago on 30 June; it has been extended by one year, taking him to June 2018.
“The adventure continues and I am very happy”, the player told PSG’s official website.
São Paulo-born Motta, whose previous clubs also include Barcelona, Genoa and Atlético de Madrid, is an important member of the side, explained club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi. “Without doubt Thiago is one of those who have contributed much to the growth of Paris Saint-Germain, in France and on the international scene”, he said in declarations made to the club's website.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash