Atlético Madrid yet to reach accord with Diego Costa or Chelsea
He is expected back at work on Monday and only wants to return to Atlético de Madrid, who have put in an offer way below the one Chelsea have received from China.
Diego Costa left Atlético for Chelsea two years ago for 35 million euros; but after his conflict with Antonio Conte, it looks likely that sooner or later, he'll back with the Rojiblancos. At least that's what the player himself wants to happen. Costa is refusing point blank to accept any other offers which has left the Blues in a difficult situation, as they are keen to cash in on the player to fund their own transfer spending this summer.
At the moment, Atlético have yet to reach an agreement with either Costa or Chelsea. But the Madridleños are in a good position in that Costa can pressurize Chelsea to sell him while the Londoners are racing against the clock to ensure they don't lose out on Romelu Lukaku.
Diego Costa not interested in playing in China
According to The Mirror Chelsea aren't too pleased with the situation, as Atlético de Madrid's offer for Costa - 25 million euros, is significantly lower than the one they have received from Chinese Super League side Tianjian Quianjian, who have slapped a 86.5 million euro bid on the table. That would mean Chelsea losing out on 61.5 million, the difference between the two offers, if Costa gets his way and goes back to Madrid.
Diego Costa is due to report back to work for Chelsea's pre-season in five days' time. Negotiations are set to intensify over the next few days now that the striker's holidays are at an end. Costa will meet with Chelsea officials at the end of the week to clarify his future as neither the player nor the coach are particularly keen to see each other in the first training session of the pre-season on 10 July.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher