Fabio Coentrao: Sporting Clube de Portugal loan confirmed
Real Madrid's Portuguese full-back is to spend the 2017/18 campaign at the Primeira Liga outfit, both clubs have announced.
Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao is to spend the 2017/18 season at Portuguese Primeira Liga club Sporting Clube de Portugal, it has been confirmed.
In a short statement published on their official website on Wednesday, Los Blancos announced: "Real Madrid C. F. and Sporting Clube de Portugal have agreed the loan of the player Fabio Coentrao until 30 June 2018."
Meanwhile, Sporting wished the player "the greatest professional and personal happiness" during his forthcoming spell at the Estadio José Alvalade.
Loaned by Real after playing just six times in 2016/17
Coentrao, who joined Real in 2011 from Benfica, Sporting's city rivals, was a peripheral figure at the Bernabéu last term, making just six appearances.
It is the second time that the 29-year-old Portugal cap has been loaned out by the LaLiga club, having played for Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco in the 2015/16 campaign.
Coentrao "very happy" to seal Sporting loan
On his Twitter account, Coentrao said: "Very happy to be given the chance to play for this great club".
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands