Casillas confirms that he will remain at Porto for another year
The Spanish 'keeper announced via social media that he will stay put in the north of Portugal as Porto attempt to regain the title from Benfica next season.
Iker Casillas will stay at FC Porto for another season. The goalkeeper announced the news on his Twitter account on Thursday, and wrote: "Really happy to be at Porto for another season! Excited for the challenges to come!"
Porto extend Casillas contract
The former-Real Madrid stopper had already trained with Porto on Monday. Despite the fact that his contract expired at the end of June, there was an option to extend it by another year.
The 25-year-old crossed the border from Spain in 2015, and played 33 times for Porto in the league last season, as well as a further eight matches in the Champions League.
With his announcement, Casillas has put speculation about his future to bed. He had been linked to Liverpool, Arsenal, and Marseille, as well as with a handful of clubs in his homeland.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants