Casillas confirms that he will remain at Porto for another year
The Spanish 'keeper announced via social media that he will stay put in the north of Portugal as Porto attempt to regain the title from Benfica next season.
Iker Casillas will stay at FC Porto for another season. The goalkeeper announced the news on his Twitter account on Thursday, and wrote: "Really happy to be at Porto for another season! Excited for the challenges to come!"
Porto extend Casillas contract
The former-Real Madrid stopper had already trained with Porto on Monday. Despite the fact that his contract expired at the end of June, there was an option to extend it by another year.
The 25-year-old crossed the border from Spain in 2015, and played 33 times for Porto in the league last season, as well as a further eight matches in the Champions League.
With his announcement, Casillas has put speculation about his future to bed. He had been linked to Liverpool, Arsenal, and Marseille, as well as with a handful of clubs in his homeland.
Recommended in English
- NFL Have the Cincinnati Bengals ever won the Super Bowl?
- NFL How much do NFL players get for playing the conference finals?
- NFL How did the Cincinnati Bengals get their name? Origin and meaning
- TRANSFER MARKET Who are Arsenal targeting after losing out on Vlahovic to Juventus?
- WORLD CUP 2022 Which teams have qualified for the 2022 World Cup?
- REAL MADRID How long is Karim Benzema going to be out of action for?