Roque Mesa's 12.5m-euro Swansea City move completed
The 28-year-old midfielder has sealed his switch from Las Palmas to Swansea, signing a four-year deal with the Premier League club.
UD Las Palmas midfielder Roque Mesa has completed a switch to Premier League side Swansea City, committing to the Welsh outfit until 2021.
Mesa makes Swansea move for 12.5m euros
With a deal for Mesa already in place several days ago, the 28-year-old's move to the Swans was finally confirmed on Thursday following the completion of a medical.
The Spaniard signs for a fee of 12.5 million euros, with Las Palmas also negotiating a sell-on clause totalling 15% of any profit Swansea make on the player.
The LaLiga club will additionally receive around 200,000 euros should Mesa make his Spain debut in his time at the Liberty Stadium, while the sides have agreed to play a friendly at the Estadio Gran Canaria within the next two seasons.
Mesa leaves Las Palmas having made 136 first-team appearances for Los Amarillos since making his debut in 2011, scoring six goals.
Las Palmas salute Mesa's "professionalism and commitment"
In a statement, the Canary Islanders thanked Mesa for his "professionalism and commitment" and wished him "the best of success in this new chapter in his career".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift