Barcelona striker Neymar said he wants fellow Brazilian Paulinho to sign for his club, and also commented that he was delighted at Messi's recent contract renewal.
Neymar keen on Paulinho joining Barcelona
"Paulinho is a friend of mine in football. I want him to sign for Barça because with a player like him, who's also a mate of mine, we'll get so much", said the Brazilian striker in the mixed zone after participating in a friendly tournament.
Brazilian midfielder Paulinho is one of the big names at Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande and also a regular starter in the Brazil side, where he plays alongside Neymar. Barcelona have admitted to interest in the player.
Neymar delighted at Messi renewal
Neymar also said he was delighted that fellow Barcelona star Leo Messi had signed a new deal, commenting that the Argentinean "can't leave Barcelona because he's an ace".
"We have to have him, otherwise things get complicated", said Neymar, who added that the aim for next season is "to win everything, while always enjoying our football".
Neymar lauds Ceballos
Neymar also said that then Barcelona target Dani Ceballos was "a great player" who would make Barcelona even better. Ceballos signed for Real Madrid just after Neymar's comments.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped